Possible Cake Idea?

Decorating By PastrySwaggaPro Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 3:53am by SarahBeth3

PastrySwaggaPro Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:20am
post #1 of 3

Oh my gosh, hahaha such a unique concept!! I really wanna try to pull this off! My name is Andrew and I work at Michaels Arts & Crafts. My manager Caryn (who is just the bomb diggity) gave me the idea of making a Michaels inspired cake with all the yarn paint brushes, jewelry, paper, and clay fixins!! I have a general thought of how I would approach this which would be a fondant finish, and use a square or diamond impression to achieve the kart look, but then how would I go about making the general shape? I know it's basically a box, but what about the wheels, and the metal chasis of the cart...lol Or otherwise I'd have to settle for the carrying basket...blah. Too easy! I really wanna challenge myself with this one, so any ideas and inspirational advice will help!! It can range anywhere from how to make the details like the impressions, yarn, paint brushes, ect, to the structure of the cake. THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!

Im so in desperate need of help. lol.

here is the michaels kart for reference;

2 replies
SarahBeth3 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:30am
post #2 of 3

Wow! This sounds so cool! I have no advice for the structure, but just wanted to say I hope to goes well & I can't wait to see photos! You go, Andrew!

SarahBeth3 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 3:53am
post #3 of 3

Hi Andrew! Did you ever make the Michaels inspired cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%