How Do I Make Very Small Flowers?

Decorating By goeasycakes Updated 16 Jun 2011 , 3:20am by goeasycakes

goeasycakes Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:08am
post #1 of 6

I am going to be making a Rapunzel/Tangled cake and keep seeing these really small flowers that are used to decorate the cakes. They look too small to be cutters and I don't think they come out of the Wilton fondant press tool. I had thought maybe they were actually buttercream instead of fondant but I'm really not sure.

Does anyone know?

5 replies
KakeMistress Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:35am
post #3 of 6

on etsy you can buy small rose molds that are SUPER tiny, they arnt very expensive either if you have time to get one and get it shipped I would get one...

Gerle Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:39am
post #4 of 6

You can go to Global Sugar Art and purchase the PME Sugar Craft Blossom/Forget-Me-Not Plunger, item #17384. It's cost is $16.99 and there are 3 different sized plunger flowers. I've got the set and have used it many times for very small flowers. (I don't know how to attach things to posts or would just attach the page with a picture.

icer101 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 3:11am
post #5 of 6

I would do as cakesrock says. That is a wilton set from michaels or acmoore,etc. use coupon, very cheap. Roll out your fondant thin, put the cutter onto the plunger, press into fondant, can put directly on cake or plunge onto a sponge(also wilton) let set up a bit , then transfer to cake. Then put a center . I do either way. use a little gum glue also, especially if you let them set up a little.

goeasycakes Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 3:20am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone!

cakesrock - I think that Wilton product you mentioned is what I am looking for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%