Grocery Cart Cake/carring Basket Cake?

Decorating By PastrySwaggaPro Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 3:34am by cakesrock

PastrySwaggaPro Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 2

Oh my gosh, hahaha such a unique concept!! I really wanna try to pull this off! My name is Andrew and I work at Michaels Arts & Crafts. My manager Caryn (who is just the bomb diggity) gave me the idea of making a Michaels inspired cake with all the yarn paint brushes, jewelry, paper, and clay fixins!! I have a general thought of how I would approach this which would be a fondant finish, and use a square or diamond impression to achieve the kart look, but then how would I go about making the general shape? I know it's basically a box, but what about the wheels, and the metal chasis of the Or otherwise I'd have to settle for the carrying basket...blah. Too easy! I really wanna challenge myself with this one, so any ideas and inspirational advice will help!! It can range anywhere from how to make the details like the impressions, yarn, paint brushes, ect, to the structure of the cake. THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!,r:10,s:0&tx=56&ty=64&biw=1161&bih=629

here's our cart

1 reply
cakesrock Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:34am
post #2 of 2

You could try an RI weave on a cake carved out to the basket shape. But I also like your diamond impression idea - less of a pain! You could use a grey fondant/tylose mix for building the frame and RKT covered in grey fondant for the wheels. It wont' harden too much as you mold, but enough to get the shape. Then you would dry dust silver lustre dust. Use an extruder to do the yarn and the paint brush part .

Quote by @%username% on %date%