Cake Pops Question

Decorating By Lenette Updated 15 Feb 2015 , 11:42pm by amerced

Lenette Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 7

I am wondering how you all are doing these. Are you still mixing the cake with a binder of some sort then rolling into balls or are you using the new cake pop baker thing that makes small rounds of cake?

Just wondering what method the majority of people are doing. Thanks!

6 replies
macie2011 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 7

I just mix my cake with icing.

Dayti Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 7

I also mix cake with icing. But others on here appear to be having success with the Babycakes machine, especially good if you don't particularly like the texture of cake pops/balls and just want cake.

Serena4016 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 7

I also mix the cake with icing and roll into balls. To me the thing that makes cake balls so great is the fact that it is not just cake. The texture becomes more like a truffle. The baker just makes a dry ball of cake! What's so great about that? I'm just sayin!! Everyone LOVES a "real" cake ball!!

tdun Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 4:12am
post #5 of 7

AWhat is the best icing to use in the cake pops?

leah_s Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 4:34am
post #6 of 7

AYou use so little icing in the cake crumb mixture. Just use a bit of whatever you have onhand.

amerced Posted 15 Feb 2015 , 11:42pm
post #7 of 7

AI have used both methods: using crumbs with icing and a "special pan" to make the cake balls, not the machine but a mold. The disadvantage of using the pan is that sometimes the ball is not firm enough to stay in the may need to adjust the mix to get more dense texture and use extra care while dipping in melted chocolate. In the other hand, the crumb with icing is more time consuming, not everyone like the idea about the icing because is too much sweet (cake, icing and chocolate) and some people do not like the idea about too much hand contact... It is a matter of preference. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%