Ganache And 3D Cake Question

Decorating By MaSheddy Updated 14 Jun 2011 , 10:44pm by MaSheddy

MaSheddy Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 5

Hello All,

I am a new fan of ganache and I now want to use it on all of my cakes.
I got the Planet Cake book which advised that White Choco Ganache is less stable and Dark Choco Ganache should be used instead for 3-D cakes. My friend only likes white chocolate and wants a 3-D Car cake for her husbands birthday.....Will this be a disaster or will it be ok?

P.S. I did use 3 parts white choco to 1 parts cream as suggested. Any advise would be appreciated. TIA.

4 replies
mumof3 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 5

Hello there

I've used white chocolate under a 3d car. It's the racing car in my pictures. It was fine.

However, I would add that you should stick to a good quality brand. In my HO the better the quality the less likely it will spoil. Also white chocolate needs a bit more care when adding hot cream, as it can seize very easily. Just take your time and you will be fine.

Hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

mena2002 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 5

You can also add a bit more chocolate if you're worried that it would be a bit too soft.

TexasSugar Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 5

When I used white chocolate under fondant I read on here to use a 3:1 ratio, rather than a 2:1.

MaSheddy Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you ladies. I did make the ganache using the 3:1 ratio as sugessted in the PC we shall see.

Mumof3 that cake is super cute. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote by @%username% on %date%