Oklahoma Cottage Law 'dies In Committee' ? Help!

Decorating By carmijok Updated 14 Mar 2013 , 3:28am by jason_kraft

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 14

I am an Oklahoma hobby baker who is wanting to become legit and I am looking for any and all Oklahoma cakers who want this law passed. I've done a little research on this and the good news is there are a few OK congressmen who have already written a law so we don't have to do much more than put on the heat to get it reintroduced and PASSED!
Is there anybody else in OK who wants to help get this done?

13 replies
VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 14

Message me and tell me what I can do to help!

ClancyJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClancyJane Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 14

I'll help out. I'd love if it Oklahoma would see fit to pass a cottage law!

kimmi1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmi1963 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 12:40am
post #4 of 14

What exactly would a cottage law give us here in OK. I would love it if we could bake and sell legally without having a shop. Is that what a cottage law would do? THanks

brea211 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea211 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 12:54am
post #5 of 14

I would love it if Oklahoma could get this law passed! Willing to help out!

MISSYBLEE23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MISSYBLEE23 Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 14

I am trying to start my cake decorating business here in Mustang, ok. It is toooo expensive so I want to start out of my home. Please let me know what I can do to help. [email protected]

sarahokie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahokie Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 5:02pm
post #7 of 14

YES! would so love to have a cottage food law. I'd much rather see one that is more similar to TX and other states than the one they introduced that died in committee though. I think the original OK bill limited the # of people who could do it and required inspection. I don't think that the TX law requires inspection, just special labeling that says it was made in a home kitchen. I would think this would have far less overhead for the state and result in more money for the state (permit fees, sales tax, and more people would actually report their cake income).

1cakeup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1cakeup Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 14

Please message me with more info

cakesbycookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycookie Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 14

Just wondering if anyone has updated information on the Cottage Food law in Okalhoma?

Cakes-Galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes-Galore Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 12:06am
post #10 of 14

I would LOVE any info on the Cottage Law in OK. I would love to help out in any way... Has anyone out there heard anything?

cakesbycookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycookie Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 4:47pm
post #11 of 14

Well I just talked to our help dept here in Tahlequah, Ok and they said the law did not pass icon_sad.gif I would love to try to start a petition again and try to push legislative to pass this. It would help out so many people in this state, especially with the prices of everything else.

ecamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ecamp Posted 10 Jan 2013 , 10:28pm
post #12 of 14

I'll Help! I also bake from home and would love for this to pass!!!!!!!

frost your cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frost your cake Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 3:22am
post #13 of 14

I want to help , I am taking cake class at G.C.T.C. and I love the class and would like to start out at home fixing my cake... so yes let me know what I can do ... thank you

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 3:28am
post #14 of 14

AThere is an active petition for an OK CFL: http://signon.org/sign/cottage-law-ok

Once you sign the petition, the next step is to contact your state senator and representative. An in-person meeting will have the most impact.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%