Stuck On Color Scheme

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 23 Jun 2011 , 1:43pm by katj012

kristiemarie Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 9

I am making a baby shower for next weekend and was hoping to get some color ideas from the invite....and it came white with silver writing. So not inspiring!

The woman having the baby is having a girl and is super excited about it because she already has a boy. I wanted to do a really girly cake. She is not traditional and they've named the baby already so I came up with this design. I love the design and think it will come out really nice...if I can come up with the right color scheme!

http://i54.tinypic.com/11m848h.jpg

The cake will be all covered in fondant. I have the ability to airbrush. The scribbly stuff you see at the bottom will be ruffles. I want to do either a graduated color on those or multi color. What colors should I use? Help me color my cake!! icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
CakeCrystal5308 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 9

I would say if the invites were simple and elegant than perhaps that is her "style", so why not do a white cake with baby pink and silver accents... perhaps the bow be baby pink with the "ends" silver (either fade from pink to silver or just a silver end stripe)
Same thing with the bottom... just do white, silver and baby pink... it will remain elegant and simple but still have a "pop" factor because of the pink and silver...

kristiemarie Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 9

That's the funny thing...she's not "baby pink". LOL She is pretty retro and funky really.

Tinacakes Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 9

white base, silver bow and accents and maybe a really pale pastel green or lavender for the name and ruffles, you could also just do all white and silver.

kristiemarie Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 1:21pm
post #5 of 9

Ooo, i like the green idea. Green going on list of colors to use!

katj012 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 9

What about a pale green cake with lavender bow on top, and then pink for the name and the little bows on the bottom, with pale buttery yellow or white ruffles and ribbon.

Jennifer353 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 12:47pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiemarie

That's the funny thing...she's not "baby pink". LOL She is pretty retro and funky really.

I can't see your link so this might not work at all... but what about using CakeCrystals idea of the white with silver and pink accents but using hot pink instead of baby pink?

kristiemarie Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 12:52pm
post #8 of 9

I've decided to go with pink and green. The cake will end up being a really light pink. I decided to change the design a bit. I made a baby topper. And a big, dark pink bow on the center. I haven't decided if I'll go with the ruffles yet. But the border around the cake is a minty green.

katj012 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 1:43pm
post #9 of 9

I think that'll look nice... I love pink and green together!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%