Cream Cheese Frosting - How Long Will It Stay Fresh

Decorating By SamHarrison Updated 14 Jun 2011 , 5:45pm by SamHarrison

SamHarrison Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 3

a friend is making a wedding cake and asked how long a mascarpone cream cheese frosting will last in a cake. I have said I would advise 2-3 days but she's looking at filling the cake 4-5 days before the wedding. I would say this may be pushing it a little. How long do you advise customers cream cheese frosting would last?

2 replies
LindaF144a Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 3

A cake that is made 4-5 days before the wedding? How do you keep it fresh that long?

I agree with you, that is too long. It's too long for the whole cake IMO, but that is just me. I know Planet Cakes out of AU makes cakes and ships them around the world, so it must work with some recipes. But for me where I live, no way.

SamHarrison Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 3

Yeah I thought it was a bit long, I don't really know why she's leaving it that long to be honest. I know she will be covering it in a poured ganache but I wouldn't have thought it would need to stand long before that was done unless she knows something I don't! I would've thought a recipe that lasted longer would be one with far less fresh ingredients in it to expire if you see what I mean.

Quote by @%username% on %date%