Choc. Chip Cookie Cake

Baking By Acdogs Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 1:49pm by Acdogs

Acdogs Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to make a big choc.chip cookie cake that is 2 to 3 in thick.
Would i just bake it in a regular 8in cake pan? would I use the same recipe for regular cookies? what Temp. would you recommend I cook it at and for how long? Thank you for any ideas you may have. kj

4 replies
ramie7224 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 5

You can certainly make them in 8 in or 9 in pans, some people use large pizza pans also. I've never made one as thick as you are talking about though.

Baker_Rose Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 5

I wouldn't bake it any more than 3/4 to an inch thick or it will be really over done on the outer edges. And yes, just bake it in a regular cake pan. I have made then up to 12-inches round, and I bake at 325*F. How long? there is no way for anyone to know, it depends on your recipe, your oven. You need to bake it until it's done.

Tami icon_smile.gif

heartsnsync Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 5

Does she want the cake to be an actual cookie texture? The reason I ask is that there is a Toll House Cookie Cake recipe I have made several times that is a cross between a cookie and a cake. Here is the recipe as I got it from Nestle. This recipe could easily be layered to get the 2" you want. HTH

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
4 eggs
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 (12 oz.) pkg. (2 c.) Nestle Toll House Little Bits semi-sweet chocolate, divided
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch baking pan. Line with waxed paper. In bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour. Stir in 1 cup Little Bits semi-sweet chocolate. Spread into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely. Loosen sides of cake. Invert onto lightly floured cloth. Peel off waxed paper. Cut cake crosswise into 4 (3 3/4 x 10 inch) sections. Spread 3 slightly rounded tablespoons frosting on one cake layer. Top with second layer. Repeat layers. Frost with remaining frosting.

FROSTING: Melt over hot (not boiling) water, 1 cup Little Bits semi-sweet chocolate; stir until smooth. (In microwave: melt on high 1 minute, stir; repeat.) Set aside. In bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Add melted chocolate and vanilla extract; blend until smooth. Makes 1 (10 inch) cake.

Acdogs Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much i am going to give this a try. I will let you know how it goes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%