Mm Fondant With Homemade Marshmallows

Baking By gvmcakes Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 7:35am by gvmcakes

gvmcakes Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:27am
post #1 of 4

As i cannot get mini marshmallows or bottled fluff all the times, I was wondering if it would be possible to use homemade marshmallows for fondant. .... Is that possible?

Would i be able to store the homemade marshmallow as fluff itself ... instead of making them set into the normal marshmallows?

And is there any substitute for corn syrup to make the marshmallows, as we dont get it here in germany?

Any advice, info, tip would be useful for me !! Thanks in advance !

3 replies
audrey0522 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 4

I think you should try and see if using homemade marshmallows work. They taste so much better!! You might want to check some of the other recipes for fondant on here. I wonder if the recipes don't have the same ingredients as homemade marshmallows.

dsilvest Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 4

From Wikipedia

"In Germany, a similar product called Zuckerrübensirup (literally "sugar-beet syrup") is a popular spread, especially in the western part of the country around Cologne. This syrup is almost always made from sugar-beet; golden syrup from sugar cane is extremely rare on the German market. There are two types of Zuckerrübensirup in Germany, a golden one, similar to golden syrup from sugar cane, and a brown syrup which is similar to dark treacle."

This might work.

gvmcakes Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 7:35am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies...
And ya... i think i might give it a try with the golden syrup instead of corn syrup... And i hope the fondant works out too !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%