Help Don't Want To Make It Look Like The Rainbow Vomited

Decorating By sxysadie Updated 18 Jun 2011 , 12:39am by sxysadie

sxysadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sxysadie Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:20am
post #1 of 5

Hi..I am making a gambling cake that the customers requirement is hot purple , hot pink and black are the main colors...they want playing cards and lots of gambling chips. I have decided that the black will be used as the top layer in the form of a black dice, middle layer the pink made into a slot machine, while the bottom will be the purple with black and pink spade, diamonds and heart accents. I am just stuck as what color to make chips and cards without making cake look garish and a color overload of bright colors. Any help would be greatly appreciated

4 replies
mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:48am
post #2 of 5

I think chips and cards are always red and black. Any other colors on the chips would make them look like cookies or something don't you think?

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 8:07am
post #3 of 5

I have two cakes in my photos with poker chips. One is in pink & black (twin mini purse cakes) it was for a girls 10th bday. The other regular poker style with black, red, and green. I think you can make the chips any color you like.

If the cake is dark, maybe lighter shades of the pink, or purple with black. (caution light purple changes to blue/grey really fast-I work in the dark on light purple)
Love to see a pic when your done.

thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombabytiger

I think chips and cards are always red and black. Any other colors on the chips would make them look like cookies or something don't you think?

The color on the chips show how much the chip is worth. There isn't just one color of chips.

http://boardgames.about.com/od/poker/a/chip_denoms.htm

To the op, there is a list in that link of the different colors and amounts they stand for. That may give you an idea for some colors you can use that will go with the colors you already have going on.

sxysadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sxysadie Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 12:39am
post #5 of 5

Here's what I came up with, i altered colors and design, i had so many problems with this cake and I ended up not enjoying making this one, but we ALL have on of those cakes that does not come out right...thx for advice tho ladies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%