Chocolate Cake With Fruit Filling

Baking By ginster Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 9:48am by Ursula40

ginster Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:05am
post #1 of 7

I have a request for chocolate cake with a fruit filling--I was thinking possibly rasberry but I am new to this and need some help. Does anyone have a good recipe for a fruit filling that works well with chocolate cake?
Please email me....the cake is in the beginning of July and I have two cakes to make that weekend!
Thank you for any help you can provide

6 replies
cownsj Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:24am
post #2 of 7

I have a friend that uses raspberry for most of her cakes.

ginster Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:30am
post #3 of 7

Thank you for the quick response.

mirda6275 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:36am
post #4 of 7

I've made chocolate with raspberry filling before and it's always a hit. When I'm making it for my family (no kids) I'll add raspberry liquor with the filling. I've used both the sleeve filling and my m-i-l's home made raspberry preserves.

If you don't want raspberry you could try cherry pie filling (along the lines of chocolate covered cherry)...or strawberry...

sweettreat101 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 7:19am
post #5 of 7

Chocolate and raspberry or cherry or a banana cream mousse.

Cakepro Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 8:12am
post #6 of 7

Chocolate and strawberry is pretty classic.

Ursula40 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 9:48am
post #7 of 7

I always use home made preserves as fillings and make them myself with a 2:1 fruit to sugar ratio
choc I find pairs best with either cranberry, sour cherry, mixed berries, raspberry, something a bit more tart than strawberry, especially for the male population. My choc cake is pretty dark to begin with and it's always a hit with the men. I buy the fruit in season, collect all the empty jars from my friends and start preserving the fruit. That way, i know what's in them and up until now, everyone's loved them

Quote by @%username% on %date%