Anyone Else Living In A Cake World? :)

Lounge By jennifercullen Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 6:31am by jennifercullen

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 4

I'm sat watching ace of cakes right now, and no longer seeing amazing yet unattainable cakes, I'm seeing how they are doing things and noticing the stuff they are doing that I do, it was around the same time I noticed this that I noticed I'm kind of seeing the rest of the world in cake form...I'm looking at thinga and seeing them as a moulded gum paste figures (unfortunately I'm not seeing instructions on how to make them, maybe that will cone in time?) Is this a normal feeling? Or is it just something you get when you are learning lol. As exciting a world as it is, my cakes look a bit rubbish compared to my 3d cake reality!

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 4

Totally normal feelings. Once you get into cake decorating you start seeing fabrics and thinking, how can I translate that to a cake design. Or pictures, or like you said, a figure of some sort.

I used my nephew's cow piggy bank to make a cow cake for him, so in some cases it's nice to have figure to look at to translate into cake/gumpaste.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 4

oh heck yeah! A couple of years ago, we're shopping for my daughter's first school dance. I pull out a dress and say, "Oh look at that!" My son's then-girlfriend said, "Isn't that a little old for her?" I said, "For a cake! Wouldn't that pattern make a pretty cake!" icon_lol.gif

I actually chased a girl down at a bridal show to tell her the dress she was wearing would make a good cake design. (Her mom contacted me a few weeks later to make a cake in that design!)

There's a building I drive by once in awhile and every time I see it, my mind wanders to making a cake that looks like that building.

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 6:31am
post #4 of 4

LOL I can understand that! I haven't quite gotten to fabric patterns yet, but now you mention it I'm already looking at my pjyama bottoms... I do work from models or pictures for 3d or themed cakes so I guess i have just adjusted to that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%