How To Start A Cottage Food Law

Lounge By Charmed Updated 24 Jun 2011 , 2:08am by joycesdaughter111

Charmed Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 6

I live in wisconsin and there is not cottage food law in wisconsin so my question is what is the process of starting a cottage food law in wisconsin? I don't know who to contact and what should I write. Anyone has info about this process?
thanks thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
Elcee Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 6
FH_Cakes Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 6


You need to contact your local State Senator our House Rep, ask them to sponsor a "Cottage Food Bill". This will get the ball rolling. You need to have a statement ready so when they ask questions you are prepared (basic info on what a Cottage Food law is and why it is imprtant to you)..Good luck!

Charmed Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 2:41am
post #4 of 6

thank you both. I wonder if other wisconsin cakers are interested in this , maybe we can start something....

Charmed Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 3:18am
post #5 of 6


joycesdaughter111 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 2:08am
post #6 of 6

I am also from Wisconsin and have been wondering about this for a long time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%