Baby Shower Cake Ideas

Decorating By KathieB Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 8:23pm by kristiemarie

KathieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathieB Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 7

I have to make a baby shower cake for my sister-in-law, it's a girl and would like it if some of you would share your favorite baby shower cakes. Thank you!

6 replies
kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 7

What does she like? Traditional or funky? Color scheme of the party? Invitations? There are about as many options for cakes as there are cakers!

CarolLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolLee Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 7

Look at the sweet baby mold figures out of gumpaste in my photos. You don't have time this time but you could have a mold by maybe next time....icon_smile.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 7

I really like this one:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1798891

Also anything with butterflies, birds or owls I have a weakness for right now when it comes to baby girl cakes. I like the idea too of having an edible image incorporated in some way with a sweet baby girl saying on it like: sugar & spice & everything nice; you are my sunshine; sweet baby girl; A child fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty; A new baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities... here's an example:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1995912

I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect thing!

KathieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathieB Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the pics and suggestions.

Cupcakeloverke: thank you for the sites and video to look at - some good ideas.

kristiemarie - She likes both traditionl and funky. The decisions are up to me she said. She wants me to suprise her. We'll have to see how that turns out, lol.

carolLee - I have the baby mold already, just trying to get some other ideas, thanks.

poohsmomma: I love the pic with the baby inside the flower. Thinking of something like that with maybe some butterflies.

Thank you all for your input. I will post pics when I make it.

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 7

Well good luck to you! I have a baby shower cake to make and I was struggling to find a design too. It's hard when they don't tell you what they want!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%