Baby Shower Cake Ideas

Decorating By KathieB Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 8:23pm by kristiemarie

KathieB Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 7

I have to make a baby shower cake for my sister-in-law, it's a girl and would like it if some of you would share your favorite baby shower cakes. Thank you!

6 replies
kristiemarie Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 7

What does she like? Traditional or funky? Color scheme of the party? Invitations? There are about as many options for cakes as there are cakers!

CarolLee Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 7

Look at the sweet baby mold figures out of gumpaste in my photos. You don't have time this time but you could have a mold by maybe next time....icon_smile.gif

SarahBeth3 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 7

I really like this one:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1798891

Also anything with butterflies, birds or owls I have a weakness for right now when it comes to baby girl cakes. I like the idea too of having an edible image incorporated in some way with a sweet baby girl saying on it like: sugar & spice & everything nice; you are my sunshine; sweet baby girl; A child fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty; A new baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities... here's an example:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1995912

I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect thing!

KathieB Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the pics and suggestions.

Cupcakeloverke: thank you for the sites and video to look at - some good ideas.

kristiemarie - She likes both traditionl and funky. The decisions are up to me she said. She wants me to suprise her. We'll have to see how that turns out, lol.

carolLee - I have the baby mold already, just trying to get some other ideas, thanks.

poohsmomma: I love the pic with the baby inside the flower. Thinking of something like that with maybe some butterflies.

Thank you all for your input. I will post pics when I make it.

kristiemarie Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 7

Well good luck to you! I have a baby shower cake to make and I was struggling to find a design too. It's hard when they don't tell you what they want!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%