Mad Dadder Cake Pans

Decorating By kathleen2098 Updated 16 Jun 2011 , 9:16pm by kathleen2098

kathleen2098 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathleen2098 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 10:51am
post #1 of 10

I just bought the Mad Dadder cake pans, and tried them out on my daughter's birthday cake, but it was a disaster! I was wondering if I am suppose to torte each layer or bake 2 of each pan size and fill the middle? I tried using a corresponding round pan size for each topsy turvy pan size, but like I said, it was just a huge disaster! Any ideas would be appreciated....thanks! icon_cry.gif

9 replies
busmiller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busmiller Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 11:34am
post #2 of 10

I have been thinking of bying those pans my self so I would be very interested in any info as well...I didn't know if you could just stack them up like regular of if you had to carve out the center like you do for a regular topsy turvey???

Jeany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeany Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:31am
post #3 of 10

I bought the pans and now am not sure myself if I need to make a well to have them sit in or what? Any advice.

Jeany Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:32am
post #4 of 10

I bought the pans and now am not sure myself if I need to make a well to have them sit in or what? Any advice.

kathleen2098 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 10:36am
post #5 of 10

I emailed Fat Daddio's for instructions so I will post any reply I get back from them. The height of each pan on its own is just not tall enough, and I dont know what else to try. I need to use them again in August for a bridal shower so Im hoping for an answer before then. :/

Jeany Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 11:25am
post #6 of 10

yeah I sent them a question too and still have not heard back. That was weeks agao. Perhaps I'll call them. Thanks.

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 10

There was a post on here a few weeks ago about these pans just flat out not working. I know this doesn't really help, but if an option was to never use them again and try something else I would be leaning towards that.

kathleen2098 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 7:17pm
post #8 of 10

I might look into trying something else before I have to use them for the bridal shower.....its a shame b/c they are a bit on the expensive side! I hope I hear back from the company soon!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 7:32pm
post #9 of 10

When you say you tried using the same size round for hieght
what didn't work?

I would use the corasponding round then place the slanted
round on top, then I would proceed with stacking using the
cut out method (because that is the method I use for a tipsy
turvy cake that I'm carving)

This of course depends on the round flat layer fitting with
the slanted layer

kathleen2098 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 10

What I meant by it not working was that the cake tier was then way too tall, which caused the buttercream to "bulge" out between the layer....Im guessing the the top "slanted" cake was too heavey?! I dont know...I just need some new ideas LOl! Thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%