Never Made Candy Molds---A Couple Of Questions

Sugar Work By Shelley51708 Updated 13 Jun 2011 , 1:58am by cownsj

Shelley51708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley51708 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:34am
post #1 of 21

I need to make some white choc seashells, etc, for a beach themed cake in Sept.

1. Do I just melt the choc and pour it into the candy mold? (I have the clear plastic mold with several molds on one plastic piece)

2. Can I somehow add coconut or coconut flavoring to the white choc?

3. Once poured into the mold, do I just place it in the fridge, and for how long? Will they just "pop" out?

TIA!!!

20 replies
mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:53am
post #2 of 21

If you using candy melts its really just as simple as melt, pour.
I throw mine in the freezer for easy release.

If your melting regualr chocolate some people prefer a candy thermometer.
I just melt 2/3s over a double boiler. TAke it off the heat and stir in the last 1/3 then pour and same thing... put it in the freezer to release

Shelley51708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley51708 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:56am
post #3 of 21

Thanks for the reply, yes, I'll be using the choc melts. What about adding any kind of coconut flavoring to it?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:01am
post #4 of 21

You can only add an oil-based flavoring to chocolate. An extract will make it seize up.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:47am
post #5 of 21

You can put just a tiny amount of just the candy melts into the mold, then you can finish it with the candy melts and coconut mixed together to make it almost like a coconut cluster. I haven't tried it in the mold, but I do think it would work for you.

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:49am
post #6 of 21

You can put just a tiny amount of just the candy melts into the mold, then you can finish it with the candy melts and coconut mixed together to make it almost like a coconut cluster. I haven't tried it in the mold, but I do think it would work for you.

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:49am
post #7 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:50am
post #8 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:51am
post #9 of 21

post #10 of 21

post #11 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:52am
post #12 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:52am
post #13 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:53am
post #14 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:53am
post #15 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:54am
post #16 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:56am
post #17 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:57am
post #18 of 21

post #19 of 21

post #20 of 21

cownsj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:58am
post #21 of 21

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%