Need Help On Square Wedding Cake Sizes?

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 9:38pm by kakeladi

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 4

Ok. so I have a square wedding cake requested to feed 50-75 ppl..and as I follow the wilton serving square sizes..I can only do either a 10" and 8" to feed 80 OR do 10", 6" to feed 68, BUT the problem I needed to figure out is if she wants a topper cake to save for 1st year anniversary, how would you go about doing this cake to feed this quantity OR do you add extra amount for the topper cake only? AND what size square topper would you suggest? I was thinking 4", but that sounds so small, but not sure! The design will be mommogramed with flowes alongside most likely.
Thanks so much!

3 replies
jenscreativity Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 4

anyone please help??

jenscreativity Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 4

can anyone help me please?? I want to make sure I get this right..Thanks again so much!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 4

1st off hon, you have given us LESS than 1 hour to answer you. Not everyone is right on top of every post. Please be a little patient(sp?)
We cannot determin for you if your customer wants to save the top or not
Now, there are times one cannot come up with the *exact* # of servings wanted. In that case you must confer w/your customer as to what they want to do - go under or over the # - but they pay for every serving they order!
When I had my shop I didn't counted the top tier in the # of servings *if it was a 6"er. Giving them an 8" sq is like giving away $100 worth of cake!!
If the design calls for an 8" top tier then it would count in the servings and I would make a 6" round that was not part of the design - given to the couple boxed. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%