How Can I Make Metallic Colored Icing??

Decorating By CakeAddict13 Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 5:00pm by afunk

CakeAddict13 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 2

Okay so I've looked all over the internet to see if there is anyway to make. Metallic icing but all I found was how to paint with gold and silver. :|

so here's what I want to do. I am making my first wedding cake! icon_biggrin.gif it's my older sisters, but she said she wants metallic colors. So what I want to do is make the tier colors a metallic violet color, as in the whole cake metallic. I'm not a buddy velastro, so I do not have all that airbrush stuff. I'm just at home. Can someone help me find out how to cover the whole cake in violet metallic?? I mean metallic as in shiny, like silver, except violet. Haha(: thanks!!

1 reply
afunk Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 2

If you're planning on covering the cake in fondant you can dry brush each tier with luster dust. I would match the fondant to the dust to give a deeper richer color since the dust will reflect light.

Also there are spray cans that are metallic/pearl that you can find at a cake store or online, I don't recall the company that makes them.

I've heard that there's a Duff airspray at Micheals you could probably use a coupon and get it at least 40% off. (I actually think there's a 50% off coupon through Joann this week too.)

Good luck and hopefully someone else will have a brilliant idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%