Vintage Shaped Character Pans

Decorating By ChunkkeeMunkkee Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 1:31pm by TexasSugar

ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 4

So lately I have been bitten by the "Collector Bug". I'm suddenly collecting Wilton Vintage Shaped Pans. It started when I went looking for Mickey Mouse on eBay. You can't "buy now" for less than $50! Cookie Monster is going for $40 and on and on.... Are these really collector's items? I have been SO lucky to find hard to get pans for no more than $12.00. I'm wondering if I should turn around and sell them and make a fast buck myself lol... seriously, are these 1970's and 1980's pan really worth that much??

3 replies
Sorelle Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 4

I shop a lot on Ebay and ya , Ive seen some of these too. I suppose they are worth that much if that is what a client is asking for. I have bought a few but I have never paid more than 20.00 and that includes shipping. I think some people are delusional when it comes to selling their things on ebay. If it doesn't sell they just keeping posting it again and again. I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

2xMiMi Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 11:56am
post #3 of 4

I agree with Sorelle. I just can't see paying that much for a pan however I am a hobbyist and I can't sell from home. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 4

I would pay that much for a pan. Years ago there was a dragon pan that went for bigger bucks, and I would have liked to have it but could never justify the expense. I couldn't justify it for a Mickey Mouse or any other copyrighted cake pans now, but that is just me. If you want to sell them then do so, but I wouldn't expect everyone to want to pay $50 for a Mickey pan. I'd wonder how long that 'buy now' has been sitting there myself.

Have you seen this book?

It tells you which pans, were worth what when she wrote the book. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%