"i'm Still Alive!" Party

Decorating By aces413 Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 1:26pm by Melnick

aces413 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aces413 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 2

My boyfriend's mother was diagnosed with lymphoma this time last year and was hospitalized for about 4 months. She had tumors in her spine and stomach, and lost the ability to walk for most of that time. She has been going to physical therapy, and gradually moved to a wheelchair, a walker, and now barely needs her cane! She's doing VERY well, and is now in remission. thumbs_up.gifparty.gif

She is having a party to celebrate that fact, and has asked me to do cupcakes (or a cake, it might have to be cake depending on the design). I'm not sure what to do. I suggested to her maybe to just have me do whatever she loves most about living...but that's pretty much all I have other than the "Never, never, never give up" quote that I've seen her use. That would need to be on a cake vs cupcakes...

I don't really think pretty and girly would be the way I want to go, she is a feisty one! I have a feeling there will be some attitude on this cake. lol. But I mean...cancer does suck.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

1 reply
Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 2

Something disco along the lines of "Staying Alive"? Could be bright and colourful and full of life!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%