Why Is My Fondant Tearing/pulling On The Corners Of My Cake

Decorating By TBEANZ Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 9:21am by TBEANZ

TBEANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TBEANZ Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 7:36am
post #1 of 4

Hey guy's,

Thanks for looking.

So i was wondering if some one would be able to help me in my fondant covering techique?
When i cover my cake in fondant it has a pulling or tearing look on the corners which doesnt look too professional. I try to roll my fondant thinish so the weight doesnt pull it down but the pullinng still happens.
Please look at my attached pic so you can see exactly what i am talking about. I would love to hear some expert opinions.

Have no idea how to attach a photo so please click on my images and i will upload my photo there icon_smile.gif

Thanks again for looking icon_smile.gif

3 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 8:27am
post #2 of 4

I had that happen all the time. It will be your fondant more than anything else. I doctored my store bought fondant with Jennifer Dontz's fondant recipe. She basically adds chocolate so the elasticity is improved. You have to buy the DVD to get the recipe.

http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=dvd001

1Cake-At-ATime Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1Cake-At-ATime Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 8:36am
post #3 of 4

I had issues with tearing with I used the following:

1) Satin Ice by itself
2) Homemade MMF

What has worked was me mixing Satin Ice with Wilton Premade Fondant. I mix 1 box Wilton to about 2lbs Satin Ice. Never had a tear since. My customers like the taste too...more than Wilton or SI by themselves.

TBEANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TBEANZ Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 9:21am
post #4 of 4

Wow thanks for that guy's, I will definately look into both or your suggestions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%