Looking For Impression Tool To Make Round Raised Balls.....

Decorating By goeasycakes Updated 13 Jun 2011 , 12:34am by Texas_Rose

goeasycakes Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:25am
post #1 of 4

I want to make a bead type border around a circle or oval, with raised beads. I could use a bead necklace but that would give me the opposite effect.

Hopefully I'm explaining this properly.


3 replies
cake_architect Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:49am
post #2 of 4

they're pricey, but they exist! lol i own one and it works really well icon_biggrin.gif they're called 'pearl bead border molds' in case you want to google for some more results


goeasycakes Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 4

I don't think I did a good job explaining what I want to do. I want to take a flat circle of fondant and then use something to make an impression on the circle that looks like a bead but really it's just half (think of a piece of hardware that's on a drawer or a box or something)......I have what I would need to do this on a square or rectangle but I can't use it to do a circle or oval.

Texas_Rose Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:34am
post #4 of 4

I think most of us just use a bead mold and glue the beads on the edge of the oval or circle.

Wilton has a pearl mold for $10 that works...I made an oval plaque for a cake last weekend using it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%