I Found Mini Cones For Cake Balls But...........

Decorating By thin4life Updated 6 Mar 2012 , 9:34am by scp1127

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:24am
post #1 of 19

they are expensive. Does anyone know where I can buy mini sugar (not cake) cones? I want to make cake ball ice cream cones and the regular ones are too big.

http://www.auiswisscatalogue.com/589007/2-VESLOTHR.html

18 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:02am
post #2 of 19

Bakerella's website states that she buys the mini waffle sugar cones at Wal-Mart. They're called "Kiddie Cones"......

Good Luck in your search, and HTH!
Kat

thin4life Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:04am
post #3 of 19

I looked at Wal Mart and they have the mini cake cones but not the sugar cones, at least not in the Wal Marts where I live.

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 4:09am
post #4 of 19

Hmmmm. I bet you could make your own if you can't find em cheap enough. Maybe a sweet crepe recipe rolled and dried. Or sofened pizzelle rolled and dried. Could be fun. Just a thought. Hope you find an answer that works for you.

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 4:11am
post #5 of 19

Hmmmm. I bet you could make your own if you can't find em cheap enough. Maybe a sweet crepe recipe rolled and dried. Or sofened pizzelle rolled and dried. Could be fun. Just a thought. Hope you find an answer that works for you.

thin4life Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:58am
post #6 of 19

TabbieCakes, I thought about that but I think it would just be to much work.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:13am
post #7 of 19

I think you should make your own! I am sure once you get the hang of it it would be well worth the effort! Please post pics when you are finished with your mini cake ball "ice creams"!!!

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:48am
post #8 of 19

I think most people just cut off the top to make it smaller. Buy extra though, allowing for breakage.

mom2twogrlz Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:50am
post #9 of 19

I think most people just cut off the top to make it smaller. Buy extra though, allowing for breakage.

mom2twogrlz Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:50am
post #10 of 19

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:17am
post #11 of 19

You should be able to make them. Our Dairy Queen makes the bowl shaped ones for hot fudge sundaes. When our DQ started using them you could watch them be made.

LadyPol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyPol Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:43pm
post #12 of 19

I couldn't find the mini sugar cones, either ... so i bought the kiddie cake cones and they still turned out adorable! I cut holes out of the bottoms of Dixie cups and inverted them to use for drying. Worked wonderfully!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:08pm
post #13 of 19

Those are easy to make.
Get a krumkake iron and cone. Mine is an old one that goes right on the stove. I just got mine two weekends ago at an estate sale for $3. They really are very easy and tasty. I think it's better to overdo these and turn them while they are on the griddle. It would cost less than $10 to make 250.

djcjkj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djcjkj Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 2:43am
post #14 of 19

http://www.layercakeshop.com/index.php/Shop/NEW-Cakepops/Mini-Ice-Cream-Cones.html?keyword=ice+cream

I found this on Pinterest. May be too late for your needs, but someone else may benefit from the link. icon_smile.gif

thin4life Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 3:16am
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcjkj

http://www.layercakeshop.com/index.php/Shop/NEW-Cakepops/Mini-Ice-Cream-Cones.html?keyword=ice+cream

I found this on Pinterest. May be too late for your needs, but someone else may benefit from the link. icon_smile.gif

OMG, thank you so much!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 7:51am
post #16 of 19

Mathematically, the ones you found are .25 ea. The new ones are .39 ea. If you only need a few, then I understand. The shipping is most likely close, making the .39 even more expensive.

If you plan on doing a lot, that first site is a real bargain. If you are selling, the first ones give you more of an opportunity to cover your costs and make money.

You can't make them yourself and pay yourself for your time unless you ate going for a high per piece price with an upper income clientele.

scp1127 Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 7:55am
post #17 of 19

I take my prevoius post back. That site has never worked for me. I just went to it because it was such a great idea for a candy buffet I'm doing in April for a prom. But I have tried to order Massa fondant from the site and I have been told that it has glitches in the translation, making it impossibe to use. This item happens to be out of stock, but even in stock items sometimes will not go into the cart.

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 6:37pm
post #18 of 19

If your looking to buy in bulk, check out this website. http://www.restaurantware.com/pidy-edible-shells-and-cones/

They have mini waffle cones 228 ct. for $64.99.

scp1127 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 9:34am
post #19 of 19

Thanks thin and gatu.

My daughter has her prom coming up in April. All of the parents chip in on top of the money that they have raised. My contribution is a full candy buffet. They are paying for the candy and I'm supplying the serving pieces and the professional buffet placecards. An interior designer is doing the decor.

I jumped on this because this is the perfect photo opportunity and I would have contributed anyway.

A bunch of the students want to come to the bakery and make some of their own desserts to serve at the prom. They have done these projects before and they are a lot of fun for them and me.

I had already decided to do cake truffles in the Babycakes maker and they could dip and frost. The cones would be so cute to add.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%