Cupcakes Pulling Away From Liners?!?!?

Baking By SpecialtyCakes Updated 13 Jun 2011 , 2:49am by LindaF144a

SpecialtyCakes Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone help me to understand why it is that some of my cake batters, once baked, seem to pull away from the cupcake liners? My vanilla batter does this everytime, however my chocolate never does.
I'm not sure what causes this or what to do. I looks bad to give customers cupcakes that the liners are coming off of.

5 replies
SweetSouthernBakery Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 6

I had never had this problem until this week. I really think that it has something to do with the liners that were used. I had run out of one type of liners (which I had never used before) and used another kind (which I use often) and the kind that I had never used pulled away. I would never have known if I hadn't kept a few here since the batter made 30 and the lady only wanted 2 dozen. So the lesson from that...I'm not going with that type of liner anymore. I'm icon_sad.gif because they were cute! Oh well.

hollynme2 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:46am
post #3 of 6

I only have this problem with the vanilla cake I make with butter instead of oil in the recipe. I found that it wasn't the liners at all, and believe me having to bake 48 cupcakes over b/c the liners pulled away really was horrible.

tracy394 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:02am
post #4 of 6

I had this problem 2 weeks ago. I was making eggless cupcakes. The eggless ones were the problem. icon_mad.gif

sugarandstuff Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:17am
post #5 of 6

Take the cupcakes out of the pans as soon as they come out of the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.

LindaF144a Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:49am
post #6 of 6

I never, ever have this problem. I still believe it is because of underbaking, which I have gotten to the point where I don't do that. With cupcakes even when the toothpick comes out clean it is still underbaked enough to pull away. I use the finger press test. It must fully spring back or it goes back into the oven. Once I started testing this way I never got pulled liners.

Also, using the cheap, decorated liners will cause this too. If you can smell something on the wrapper when you open the package it could peel away. I sincerely hope the smell is wax and not the ink because I would hate to think of everybody eating cupcakes that have had toxic baked into the cupcake. Which is entirely plausible seeing how they are made in China and we all know how diligent they are about safety in food products (yeah, right.).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%