I Just Bought An Acrylic Cupcake Towers For $49

Baking By Mamasan Updated 9 Jul 2011 , 11:37am by Lita829

Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 12

I read in another thread that eFavormart had some reasonably priced acrylic towers for cakes/cupcakes so I thought I'd go look and they are marked half price! I bought a 6-tier 18" for $49 and shipping was only five bucks! icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.efavormart.com/6-tier-cup-cake-stand.aspx

11 replies
DianneandBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianneandBrad Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 12

Thanks for the info! I'm going to order one too! Do you know if you have to use it as a 6 tier or can you break it down and use certain sizes depending on the number of cupcakes you need for an event?

Mamasan Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 6:33am
post #3 of 12

The tiers are one each of 18", 16", 14", 12", 10" and 8". It also includes five 6" tubes which leads me to believe that you can use as many or as few tiers as you need. (I hope) The description also said the tubes are hollow so you can fill them with whatever you wish for decorating.

What would you charge to rent this and what would you charge for a deposit?

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:44am
post #4 of 12

I also bought mine from efvormart I love it! Yes you can use it as you want from one to 10 teirs & also bought an extra teir, plus when my shipment arrived there were 2 tiers that were dammeged (some scratches) so they sent me to extra ones lol with their tubes, which is awesome icon_biggrin.gif

You can fill the tubes with feathers,beads...etc.

So far I don't charge a deposit even though I really should, I've read it before that the deposit should be the exact price of the stand also including the shipping , because if anything happens to it you take that deposit to buy another one

I rent my stand from $20-$50 depending on how many tiers they want

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2034300

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1997835/1997838

Another thing you should probably buy a leveler cuz making the tiers straight is a bit tricky....

HTH

DianneandBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianneandBrad Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 11:27am
post #5 of 12

Thanks, cupcations! Love the look of feathers inside the tubes!

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 9:29am
post #6 of 12

By the way, cupnations, your cupcakes are beautiful. I was wondering, I have a wedding coming up requiring 400 cupcakes. I can't seem to find a stand that holds that many. I don't know if making one would work. Any suggestions, should I try and set up 2 cupcake stands or keep search for one that does hold 400?

Mamasan Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 7:51am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllis756

By the way, cupnations, your cupcakes are beautiful. I was wondering, I have a wedding coming up requiring 400 cupcakes. I can't seem to find a stand that holds that many. I don't know if making one would work. Any suggestions, should I try and set up 2 cupcake stands or keep search for one that does hold 400?

This large one I bought holds 100-105 cupcakes depending on the size. Not a bad deal for the price. I would imagine one that holds 400 would either be quite expensive or have to be custom made. HTH

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:46pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:

I was at a wedding the other week, and the bride and groom had cupcakes. They had one larger cupcake stand that was filled. The other cupcakes were on cake stands or just on the table, and they have some decorations amongst and around the cupcakes. It look really pretty. I don't think all the cupcakes necessarily need to be on a cupcake stand if you don't have one large enough. Just a thought!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 3:43pm
post #9 of 12

Wow I haven't been receiving emails for this topic icon_confused.gif. Thank you everyone for your kind comments.. & sorry for the late reply

I wouldn't put the 400 CCs on one stand unless it is custom made one that is heavy duty, I mean 400 CCs is a lot of weight I don't think any acrylic stand can hold that much.

In this case I would either get more than one stand or as Osgirl said I would put whatever on the stand & put the rest on the table. I had a wedding on Saturday 160 ccs we ended up putting 25% on the table with the lights it turned out great I will post a picture later today & add a link

Another thing is that you can try making your own stand heres a link that can help

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-22674.html

HTH

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 3:59pm
post #10 of 12

I love that website. We have saved so much money on party accessories and favors through them.

Enjoy your cupcake stand!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 10:15am
post #11 of 12

Thanks for all your comments. I agree with your suggestions. Use the table for display too. icon_surprised.gif Why didn't I think of that.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 11:37am
post #12 of 12
Quote:

I just purchased one from www.thecupcaketower.com. I purchased the large one and it holds 208 cuppies. It is a little more expensive (I think the base package is $159 which comes with one custom made set of ribbon to go around the circumference of each tier) but I purchased the 3 pack bundle (which comes with the large tower and 3 sets of ribbons and it was $189). These cuppie towers are of made of wood, or a wood-like material, and painted white. I received it yesterday and I am very satisfied. It was worth the money because I know I'll get years of use out of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%