How To Store Swimming Pool Cake With Teddy Graham Swimmers?

Decorating By cutthecake Updated 11 Jun 2011 , 5:35pm by fattycakescupcakery

cutthecake Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 2

Yesterday, I made a cake for my niece's 9th birthday party today (Saturday). The party was postponed until Wednesday because of rain. It's a pool cake with Teddy Graham swimmers, and pool accessories made from Starburst candies, Andes mints and Lifesavers. The cake is frosted in Whimsical BakeHouse Buttercream, and the pool is filled with piping gel.

My sister has the cake, and the birthday girl is worried about its survival.

I know the cake itself will be okay if frozen until Wednesday, but will the accessories disintegrate in the freezer or during defrosting? I'm picturing sticky colored sugar puddles and disintegrated swimmers when the cake defrosts.

Should the cake be frozen or left at room temperature? If left at room temp, will wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap make it sweat?

My backup plan is to make extra swimmers and accessories and bring them to the party to fix any problems. But I'd rather not have to do that.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any advice, please?

Thanks!

1 reply
fattycakescupcakery Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 2

Hi there, I recently did a pool cake with teddy graham swimmers! I even frosted little bikinis on some of the teddy grahams! so cute and such a fun cake to make. You can visit my website to see pics www.fattycakes.biz I would recommend refrigerating your cake. It will be fine in the fridge. I wouldnt freeze it because I have had some bad experiences with that myself! Check out this amazing book... It sure has helped me to get the basics down and even above and beyond! Good luck with your cake and Happy Baking!!!
http://10936ojfwpl8zhb7c5n6b0l00i.hop.clickbank.net/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%