Help Cake Will Be Picked Up In A Few Hours

Decorating By jem2131 Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 2:29am by JanH

jem2131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jem2131 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all.. I posted last night about this and everyone helped me.. Ok somy question is, i used RKT for the shape of the wedding dress.. I screwed in a wooden skewer through the middle of the dress and inserted it into the cake..when i pulled the dress off the cake after taking the pictures i noticed a lil indent on the cake so Do you think that support is enough ? or do you think i need to put dowels underneath and place a cardboard under the dress as if i were tiering a cake. Please helpp !! in desperate need.. thankss

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2063607

6 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 7

How much does the dress weigh? Did it just make an indent in the soft fondant on the cake, or did it actually sink into it? If you are at all worried, however, use dowels and cardboard under it, just in case.

cupcakegirl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakegirl22 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 7

I would put a piece of cardboard under the dress and a couple of small dowel or straws just for piece of mind and to keep things level. BTW the cake is very pretty,great job im sure she will love it.

jem2131 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

How much does the dress weigh? Did it just make an indent in the soft fondant on the cake, or did it actually sink into it? If you are at all worried, however, use dowels and cardboard under it, just in case.

thanks for replying back so fast icon_smile.gif actually it seems more like its a dent in the fondant.. should i be concerned ?

JessicakesBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicakesBakes Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 7

She's gonna love that cake! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

jem2131 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you guys sooo much.. You have no idea how much you have helped.. I ended up put carboard and a few lil dowels underneath.. seems much more supported and i can now relax lol.. thanks again icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:29am
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%