Ok, Im On A Roll Tonight With Topics...

Decorating By labmom Updated 11 Jun 2011 , 8:22am by scp1127

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 3

Hi should be laying down sleeping or crying or somethng other than being here on line but being here venting to you guys makes me feel so much better. Husband just shakes his head or tunes me out when I get this way.

I have had this cake due all week.. no problem .. small cake but they wanted a topsy turvey for 25-30 people. which is hard to do that small (or at lest it is for me). everything baked and carved and frosted ready to go... then the as explained in another post the fondarific that i purchased to try came in the most horrible wrong colors ever. the purple is Gray, the Orange is very pale, the pink is super pale pink,... so i had to tint white fondant to match the blue satain ice and the other bright colors that I had already or this cake.

And then I get into this issue that the cake photo that they gave me is a huge cake.. and nice mild colors.. the cake they are wanting a small cake and then
very obnoxious bright colors.. bright pink (hot pink) and purple and bright orange and bright blue and bright green i think there is another color but my mind is mush.

I hated that cake today by the time I got it done.. it just looked so horrible.. nice candy on it and cute suckers and everything it should have but it just wasn't what it should have looked like if it was in good colors.. ever have one of those cakes you just hate... and don't want anyoneto know that you did it??? if it wasn't the colors and what they wanted I would have felt worse about taking the money I charged. I am not going to think cake until Monday... My brain and body need a rest.

2 replies
nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:04am
post #2 of 3

Sometimes a cake that I hate is the one I get the most compliments on. As long as the recipient is happy I'm happy.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:22am
post #3 of 3

I love Fondarific, but I once had a color problem. Now as soon as I get an order, I get the fondant asap and make sure it is correctly colored. Lesson learned, but I still love the stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%