Fondarific

Decorating By labmom Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 2:19am by sweettreat101

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 4

I am not sure of the spelling but I am sure that I don't think I am going to waste my money anymore on fondarific. I purchased specific colors and flavors for a cake that due today. I was so diapointed when I opened them. I should have done so when i bought them but I have been so busy and have had no problem with satin ice or a few of the other brands.

Not the flavor nor the consistancy of this product but the colors.

The orange is very pale, the purple is GRAY, and the pink is lighter than a baby pink. I opened that purple thinking it would be a nice color.. purple. grape purple. I couldn't even get it to tint purple. The taste and smell of all these products, were exact. I had to start from square one and tint white fondant purple.. and also tint the pink.. darker.

I would suggest that anyone thinking of purchaseing this product to look at samples before doing so. It was such a waste off money.

3 replies
jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:00am
post #2 of 4

That sucks. Im sorry. I have never bought their colored fondants. I have only bought the white and tinted it to the color I needed. I love the wedding white and it holds/takes color very well.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:30am
post #3 of 4

I have ad one bad issue and it was returned easily. As soon as I get an order, I buy the Fondarific, check it, and all is well.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:19am
post #4 of 4

I personally love Fondex. Tried it last weekend and it was perfect. Fondex is my brand from now on. I did try Fondarific for my cousins it was ok but the chocolate was really hard. At least it was firm enough to hold the shape of the oak bark that we were going for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%