Wedding White Mmf?

Baking By dchinda Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 6:30pm by puddles_gal

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 12

Everytime I make MMF, it is never pure white. It has a off white tint to it. What is the best way to get my MMF wedding white? Or if I spray white luster dust over the MMF would it be white enough? TIF.

11 replies
cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 12

What recipe are you using? Are you adding vanilla or other flavors to it? Those might affect the color.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 12

The more you knead it, the whiter it looks.

As long as there's nothing on the cake table that's a brighter white than the cake, it will look white when it's all done.

dchinda Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch

What recipe are you using? Are you adding vanilla or other flavors to it? Those might affect the color.

I use clear vanilla & butter flavoring. I think the problem is the marshmallows becuase they aren't a true white color. I do have the Americolor white but it seems really runny & changes the consistency of my MMF.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 12

I've notied an off-white color when using store brand marshmallows. It seems if I use the Kraft Jet Puffed brand it is whiter to me.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 12
dchinda Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisseyann

I've notied an off-white color when using store brand marshmallows. It seems if I use the Kraft Jet Puffed brand it is whiter to me.

I only use Kraft brand marshmallows. icon_smile.gif

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 4:32pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchinda

Quote:

I have seen in a lot of MMF recipes where they specifically state not to use Jet Puffed Kraft marshmallows because they don't melt as well as other brands. Is this not true?

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 4:42pm
post #9 of 12

I have exactly the same problem. I wish there was a clear answer.
I also notice that some colors affect the MMF such as black and red. It seems to get dry and crumbly. BUT the post is about white....I'm interested if the Wilton white makes a difference or not...? Anyone tried it?

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 6:08pm
post #10 of 12

I add Americolor brite white to my MMF--it gets whiter, but never absolutely white. Even Satin Ice purchased fondant is kinda off white...

dchinda Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 6:10pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchinda

Quote:

I have seen in a lot of MMF recipes where they specifically state not to use Jet Puffed Kraft marshmallows because they don't melt as well as other brands. Is this not true?

I just bought the Duff airbrush specifically for dark & bright colors like red & black. I used it yesterday for the first time & worked great!

puddles_gal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puddles_gal Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 6:30pm
post #12 of 12

I tried using marshmallow fluff once instead of marshmallows, and the fondant was a nice white color. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%