Last Minute Calls

Decorating By sacakesandbakes Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 3:15pm by sacakesandbakes

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 4

I'm just venting. Last weekend we went to a mini class reunion for my husband. One of his friends asked me if I were free this weekend to make a cake. Never heard from her until today, Friday, for a Sat cake.
What is up with people waiting so long. They knew for weeks ahead they need a cake and then wait last minute. Maybe I should let her pick up a grocery store cake.

3 replies
cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 4

I think people have no idea how much time and effort really goes into a cake. I mean, you can whip one up in an hour like the bakers on the TV shows, right?? (Kidding.) Charge a "rush fee" in addition to the price of the cake for your inconvenience.

AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 4

People figure if they can call the grocery sytore the day before they should be able to call us. They do not understand the difference between mass produced frozen cakes from the grocery stores and artisian bakers. I would tell them that you can't take the order, it is too late. I always tell theese last minute customers " sorry, but I require an absolute minimum of 72 hours on all cake orders because my cakes are baked fresh to order"

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 4

I just called her back and she already ordered from Target. Good, now I dont have to make it.

I like your idea about 72 hours. Yes, we bake our cakes to order, thats why they are hands down better than store bought. Who really likes a stale 5 month old frozen cake?

Any way, I can go cheerfully on with my weekend now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%