Bridal Show: Help With Offering Discount

Business By pinkpiggie78 Updated 7 Sep 2011 , 4:48pm by pinkpiggie78

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 11:39pm
post #31 of 37

I do tastings twice a month back-to-back on Sundays, which works fine most of the year, but Jan/Feb/March are crazy and I feel like no matter how many slots I have available, I can't get to them soon enough. Maybe I need to shorten the appointments, so I can fit more in during the same time frame and have a hand out of my "cake basics" so I don't need to go over them in such detail.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:28am
post #32 of 37

I tried the group tastings and it just confused people around here. They all expect the one-on-one appointments and they didn't quite know what they were supposed to do when there was a group. I think that most brides are on the "full wedding experience" page that Jenmat is describing. What gets me is the ones who think that I'm going to meet with them multiple times. I don't know if other vendors do that, but I just do one meeting to get the design and the basics, then everything is over email after that. I did tastings this evening and it's a pain but it's part of the whole wedding business pacakage, unfortunately.

pinkpiggie78 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 2:22am
post #33 of 37

I will say it... I am the weirdo... I just wanted to mark things off my list and if I could send someone a pic and cake flavors and not have to meet face-to-face... I am a happy girl. That's not to say I am not picky (ask my husband), but as I mentioned before... the groom's cake... we dropped off the topper, had tried their carrot cake for a birthday party, and ordered the cake... maybe I just didn't know these tasting session existed...

Anyway, I have decided to give the discount/incentive a go. I am ordering 100 for free (just S&H) thru vistaprint and will see what happens... if no one takes me up on it.. I am only out a few bucks and make more $$ on my wedding cakes icon_smile.gif I also added in a "clause" that states I reserve the right to require a consultation for the brides that have no idea what they want...

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 9:43am
post #34 of 37

I didnt read all the replies, but what our show people do here is have a clipboard with terms & conditions on each page, stipulating the Special (ie you would have the part about forgoing the tasting for the discount), and then the clients sign their name if they're interested.

Then, after the show, you email each client with the full terms and conditions and official Voucher for them to use.

Would that help?

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 11:07am
post #35 of 37

(duplicate post)

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 3:05pm
post #36 of 37

Let us know how the discount went over with the brides. How many were interested and how many actually took you up on your offer.

pinkpiggie78 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 4:48pm
post #37 of 37

Definitely!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%