Looking For Gumpaste Recipe Tutorial On U-Tube.

Baking By jules5000 Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 2:02pm by jules5000

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 10:56am
post #1 of 9

I was recently on here and was following a forum topic, of which I do not remember at the moment and someone was telling about how to make your own gumpaste and they put the url on here for making your own gumpaste. It had 4 eggs, 2lbs powdered sugar and some tylose. they did not mention in the recipe how much tylose, but when I started asking around someone said they thought it was a 1/4 c. I am wondering if anyone can send me that tutorial on making gumpaste again? I think there were only 3 ingredients, but I want to make sure and I would like to re-read the instructions or listen to the tutorial again. Thank you so much.

8 replies
HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:18am
post #2 of 9

That sounds like the recipe from Edna's video (I haven't tried making it, but I did watch the video), it calls for 12 teaspoons of tylose

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

jules5000 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:42am
post #3 of 9

Thank you so much Happycake10609. I appreciate your fast response time immensely. This was not the tutorial I had watched before, but same recipe and very helpful. I needed to make it this morning so I could use it tomorrow. Many blessings to you. God Bless.

HappyCake10609 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:52am
post #4 of 9

You're very welcome!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:54am
post #5 of 9

Was it maybe Linda McClure's 3-part tutorial? First part here:

ETA: Ooooops icon_redface.gif Linda's does not use egg whites. But, I reeeeeallllly like her recipe.

jules5000 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 9

ibmoser, thank you so much for your response too. This lady lives in humidity climate and so do I. I have already made up the other one that cake10609 gave me, but will definitely try this one because I want to find the easiest to work with and to make and you can only do that by experimenting right?

Question for cake10609: Ok Edna said that she put 7 cups into the mixture and mixed. then added the tylose and mixed for just a little bit. Well I weighed, I measured, I sifted I measured again. When it came out of the bowl you were to put down the 8th cup of powdered sugar on the counter to work it in to the mixture and it was supposed to be sticky to work with. I didn't find mine to be hardly sticky at all and no way could I get the whole cup worked in. She said that it should be a soft and pliable dough still. So that is what I left it at. I was afraid to work in the whole 8th cup. have you made this one and will it still work ok for me? Thanks ladies for helping me out here. You are great.

jules5000 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 12:56pm
post #7 of 9

Happycake10609, I left off part of your name. When I am not looking at the names on the forum sometimes I forget part of them. I saved both Edna's and Linda McClures that ibmoser sent. thank you so much again. So the next time I need it I will have it.

HappyCake10609 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules5000

ibmoser, thank you so much for your response too. This lady lives in humidity climate and so do I. I have already made up the other one that cake10609 gave me, but will definitely try this one because I want to find the easiest to work with and to make and you can only do that by experimenting right?

Question for cake10609: Ok Edna said that she put 7 cups into the mixture and mixed. then added the tylose and mixed for just a little bit. Well I weighed, I measured, I sifted I measured again. When it came out of the bowl you were to put down the 8th cup of powdered sugar on the counter to work it in to the mixture and it was supposed to be sticky to work with. I didn't find mine to be hardly sticky at all and no way could I get the whole cup worked in. She said that it should be a soft and pliable dough still. So that is what I left it at. I was afraid to work in the whole 8th cup. have you made this one and will it still work ok for me? Thanks ladies for helping me out here. You are great.

I have never actually tried this recipe (it's on my "must try" list though). But I think you will be OK. When I make MMF I rarely use all of the powdered sugar my recipe calls for, I just do it "to feel". I think the gumpaste recipe would be the same. Good luck icon_smile.gif

jules5000 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:02pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you again happycake10609. appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%