How Do You Get A Shaded Look With Bc With Airbrushing?

Decorating By ranbel Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 3:18pm by ranbel

ranbel Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:55am
post #1 of 9

let me explain what i'm looking to do. I want to use purple & pink buttercream and get a shaded look? I hope I am explaining this right. I do have an airbrush, but was trying to avoid using it. I seen a cake that is lavender with a hint if pink in it. I can't tell it it was airbrushed or not. I guess I can cover with laverder bc and the spray a hint of pink. Just was trying to avoid using it. It takes about a haf hr to just get the darn thing working.

8 replies
ranbel Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 9

can anyone help me with this, getting ready to do my cake. thanks

ranbel Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 9

this is what I trying to do, see the 2 shades on the top layer.

ranbel Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 9

sorry, trying to add an attachment, didn't work, let me try it again.

ranbel Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 9

OK, I give up.

TexasSugar Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 9

Do you have the link to where you saw the cake?

ranbel Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks, didn't even think about copying and pasteing the link.

Thanks for your help.

bakingatthebeach Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 9

I would airbrush it the pink then start shading with the lavender . Use the side of a box, a cake board or just paper and practice til you get used to it. You can also take a coloring book and practice that way! I think if you color it purple the pink wont show up on top because its a lighter color.

ranbel Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:18pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you. I did exactly what you just said. I sprayed a white paper plate pink and then shaded with purple and it is perfect. Usually, I have to fight with my airbursh gun to get it to work, but not this time icon_smile.gif

Thanks for your help, off to the kitchen I go..yeah, my stress level just went down...

Quote by @%username% on %date%