Cake Boss Factory..

Lounge By sechrestloans Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 2:28am by cakestyles

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:12am
post #1 of 8

it has been a while since I have been on this forum so this topic may have been covered already Sorry if it was. Just saw Buddy Valastro at his show in Florida and I was in line to ask, but didnt get up front fast enough. Im curious...Does anyone know how exactly he is going to be shipping his 3 tiered specialty cakes from this new factory? I would think it is going to be pretty expensive and hard to do?

7 replies
Kaytecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaytecake Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 8

I'm curious, too. One episode showed his sister, Grace, taking pictures of cakes and pies for their catalog. When I tried to view their new website- my screen lit up with multiple warnings of viruses and malware. I'm not sure if the site is infected or if they have a format that triggers my protection software. I didn't get to look at their product. Has anyone been on their new site?

sechrestloans Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:45am
post #3 of 8

I just dont understand how he could ship these 3 tiered cakes with all the decorations. I am just curious to see if anyone has actually heard how he was going to do it or asked him. I cannot get on the website either...

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 8

I find it hard to believe anyone can ship a cake that big icon_surprised.gif I thought they were going to ship their pastries, etc, maybe small single layer cakes ? It will be interesting to see how things pan out. I wish him the best, but sometimes, bigger isn't always better. icon_wink.gif

Beansss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beansss Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellbella

I find it hard to believe anyone can ship a cake that big icon_surprised.gif I thought they were going to ship their pastries, etc, maybe small single layer cakes ? It will be interesting to see how things pan out. I wish him the best, but sometimes, bigger isn't always better. icon_wink.gif

I assumed it would just be the smaller items as well. I saw an episode where one the sisters was taking photos of the product for the website and it was single layer cakes, pies, etc.

Depending on the price, I might order one just to try for fun. I'm curious as to how his product actually tastes. I have tried some of his recipes he's put out, and I wasn't overly impressed (although I suspect he is holding onto his best ones for himself icon_wink.gif )

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 12:41am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellbella

I assumed it would just be the smaller items as well. I saw an episode where one the sisters was taking photos of the product for the website and it was single layer cakes, pies, etc.

Depending on the price, I might order one just to try for fun. I'm curious as to how his product actually tastes. I have tried some of his recipes he's put out, and I wasn't overly impressed (although I suspect he is holding onto his best ones for himself icon_wink.gif )

I would like to try the lobster tail!!!! thumbs_up.gif

sechrestloans Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 2:20am
post #7 of 8

I just bought the book and want to try the crumb cake LOL I'm going to make it this week icon_biggrin.gif

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 2:28am
post #8 of 8

A coworker of mine was just at a party where they had 2 cakes from Carlos's....her description of them was "the cake was good the icing was overly sweet".

Her SIL drove to NJ to surprise her 16 yr old daughter because she loves Buddy. When she got there they couldn't find her cakes, so she had to wait over an hour for them to make up the 2 cakes she had ordered.

She wasn't too happy I guess. She lives in CT so it wasn't like it was around the corner.

It'll be interesting to see how this huge "cake factory" works out. I tend to think it's better to keep things as they are when there as successful as his family has been for 100 yrs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%