Fondant Question

Decorating By srtpaula Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 1:41am by srtpaula

srtpaula Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srtpaula Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:05am
post #1 of 4

Well I learned a great lesson with fondant the other weekend, it was very hot and humid and once I put my cake together it was getting warm and started to sag so I put it in the freezer -- ooops once I got it out it started to sweat and the colors were running, and some of the pieces got soggy and didnt stay standing. Well it was for family so it was okay.

question is can I put it in the refrigerator after completing?? or if it is hot and humid is it better to just let it out.

Thanks for your help
Paula M in NE PA

3 replies
kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:29am
post #2 of 4

I learned from my mistake.. do not put it in the frig.. i did that with my first 3 cakes and it started to sweat and sag.. i make shoes one time it for get it they turned into sandals..lol.. So no u cant put it in the frig..

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:38am
post #3 of 4

You can freeze it, you can fridge it.
You just have to box it, wrap box in saran several times, (if frozen, defrost in fridge for 24 hrs. still boxed & wrapped), place on counter still boxed & wrapped several hours before display/serving, remove from wrapping & box & it should be just fine.

The key is keeping the cold cake from hitting the warm air. When boxed & wrapped, the warm, humid air can't get to it. Once the cake is the same temp as the room, no condensation, no problem.

Now, if it's rainy & 98% humidity, anything will sweat.

Rae

srtpaula Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srtpaula Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:41am
post #4 of 4

Thank you very much, I have two graduation cakes for saturday and it is supposed to be warm and humid.

thanks again

Paula in NE PA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%