Your Birthday Cake

Decorating By SarahBeth3 Updated 13 Jun 2011 , 11:01pm by cheriej

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 12:41pm
post #31 of 51

IF I were to make myself a cake it would be just as an excuse to try some technique I haven't done before and want to try.

medusas_touch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
medusas_touch Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 12:50pm
post #32 of 51

I too have made cakes for everyone in my family including one that travelled over 1000 km to my mother and brother about a month ago. I don't think I've had one made or bought(yuck!) for me in over 12 yrs.

A nice meal with my family is all I need from my family. And maybe they could plant a tree too because of the reams of paper they use to make me cards and pictures icon_biggrin.gif

Beckydb5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckydb5 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:11pm
post #33 of 51

My wonderful mother-in-law makes me a salad dressing cake with boiled icing (the same that my mom used to make) every year for my birthday. It is the ONLY family birthday party where I don't bring the cake and it is SO appreciated!
icon_biggrin.gif

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:29pm
post #34 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc2010

... my 14 year old daughter frosted and decorated it for me. Having her decorate me a cake is the best!

That's soooo sweet! That has to be the best. My boys decorated a cake for my hubby on his birthday one year, it was hilarious!

Here's a photo: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2062390

SarahBeth3 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:31pm
post #35 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinmarie

I want to have a big 'ole slice of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory along with their awesome spaghetti. I would be a happy camper.

I LOVE Cheesecake Factory! Yum! Good idea! I'm going to have to keep that one in mind.

CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:40pm
post #36 of 51

Oh, that's a tough one. Hmmm, chocolate fudge cake, with a strawberry and ganache filling. Thick buttercream icing. Fancy scroll work with buttercream roses. Pretty simple really, but it's all about the cake for me! This is usually what I make for myself!

CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 2:44pm
post #37 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangriacupcake

Served to me on a dish that I didn't wash. In an immaculate kitchen that I didn't clean. icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

creativethoughts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativethoughts Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 5:02am
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrat68

I refuse to make my own cake!!
However I would love a large Scotts man in kilt (shrit not required) to bring me even a hostess cupcake....

icon_lol.gif Umm can i switch my answer? I think that this is a winning idea! Just as long as I can keep the Scotts man icon_redface.gif In fact 86 the Hostess im not a big fan just give me the Scott! icon_wink.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 5:45am
post #39 of 51

Last year on my birthday, my husband bought me a Walmart cake and paid over 20.00 for it. I said, why would you waste 20.00 on a Walmart cake when we don't even like Walmart cake. He says he just wanted me to have a cake on my birthday. I says, I love you honey, and it was a wonderful sentiment, but really if you want to throw away 20.00 at least get something we will eat. lol. The cake ended up being thrown away because no one would eat it. This year, he bought me a sampler pack of cheesecake. Yum! Now that's what I'm talking about. As much as we see cake around here, this was a much better solution...my favorite...the chocolate caramel turtle cheesecake. Ohhhhhh, I just got a cold chill.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 6:35am
post #40 of 51

One word "CARVEL". I love cake and I eat it when I bake leftover batter but, for every year since I can remember (except for my sweet 15) I have always had Ice cream cake. One layer vanilla, one layer chocolate and crunchies in the center, iced in Whipped icing and i'll be in heaven! No cake! I grew up in RI and it was pretty chilly in October.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:26pm
post #41 of 51

I'd love a cake made by Rose Levy Berenbaum, Toba Garrett or Sylvia Weinstock. Two tiers. Vanilla and chocolate. icon_smile.gif

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:38pm
post #42 of 51

I would make myself a cheesecake! I don't like cake very much (not to say i don't eat the scraps sometimes). i LOVE cheesecake tho.. that would be a real treat. probably toblerone cheesecake, or cookie dough,

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 5:24pm
post #43 of 51

I was inspired by a thread here quite some time ago to start making my own birthday cakes. Last year was the first time I did...the design was inspired by some note cards and the flavors were my favorite. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1974211

This year I'm thinking something with hazelnut flavor, maybe vanilla cake, hazelnut pastry cream filling (or pastry cream layered with Nutella?) and hazelnut mocha bc. For design, I haven't decided yet.

SarahBeth3 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:15am
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

I was inspired by a thread here quite some time ago to start making my own birthday cakes. Last year was the first time I did...the design was inspired by some note cards and the flavors were my favorite. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1974211

Pretty.

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:27pm
post #45 of 51

My birthday is in March. I will make a red velvet cake from scratch. I will be 50, but I'm not into red hats. I love Blink 182, and my cake will have piped "What's my age again?" on it. It will be frosted with indydebi's buttercream. It will have partial fondant on the top. It will have lave on it, and a ribbon. I've not worked out the details.

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:47pm
post #46 of 51

I made my own birthday cake for myself last year...designed it totally for me ..and at my birthday get together with friends, i had a drawing for my cake...

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:51pm
post #47 of 51

nice, glow0369. and we have the same birthday! All Saints Day!

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 3:22pm
post #48 of 51

I can relate to all the Birthday Cakeless Bakers out there, I never get a Birthday cake myself!

I would love to be able to have my grandmother make me a Butterscotch Poundcake. Normally I don't like cakes w/o icing and I don't like poundcake but this wasn't your average ordinary cake. But sadly MeeMaw isn't with us anymore and even though I can make one that everyone loves, its just not the same.

Also I love this chocolatey fudge cake my mom makes with boiled chocolate fudge icing. It's in a close tie with her New Orleans Pecan Pie.
As far as decoration - don't need any, ironically enough I don't care what it would look like!

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 3:36pm
post #49 of 51

My family knows I dislike cake so they always get me a big, blueberry pie with vanilla bean ice cream. I can seriously eat the whole thing myself if I'd let me icon_razz.gif

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 10:30pm
post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani1081

My birthday is the end of this month and to be honest I love Costco Cake. Since I'm not about to make my own birthday cake, that's what I want. No mess, no fuss, and delicious!

I have to agree with Dani1081 - I LOVE Costco's cakes - white with cheesecake mousse. I actually told my MIL (who makes and decorates cakes) to get me that cake for my birthday this year. icon_lol.gif

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 11:01pm
post #51 of 51

When I was a little girl, my mom always made me a german's chocolate cake. Then, I used to like the Coscto carrot cake, then it was Mrs. Grace lemon cake just because I don't want to make it myself. This year I just want a homemade cake. I'm thinking of making a new cake recipe I found: dark chocolate cake with orange chocolate ganache with an orange buttercream. But I'll try it out first on my husband's office to see if I even want that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%