Taking International Payments?

Business By MamaMia808 Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 7:01am by MamaMia808

MamaMia808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMia808 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 5

I'm taking an order from a woman who is located out of the country and was wondering if anyone knew of a secure reliable payment method for taking her order. I read the problems people have been having with PayPal and wanted to see if there are any other good ones.

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Cakes-and-bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes-and-bakes Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 5

I live overseas and tried buying something from a woman in the states. Paypal didnt work out so I just used western union and thankfully she was ok with it. there is a fee though. Theres also bank transfer...

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 5

We've had a few international orders and have accepted PayPal without any problems. Our PayPal account is linked to a bank account with very little money in it, and we always transfer the balance out of PP as soon as the customer pays. If you are using PP on a limited basis and are careful with it you should be fine.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 5

I have also taken orders from outside of Spain (one from a user on CC icon_biggrin.gif ), from the US and also Mexico. They have paid through Paypal and I have had no problems whatsoever. I did request on all occasions they pay the full amount up front.

MamaMia808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMia808 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 7:01am
post #5 of 5

Thanks all!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%