Ganache

Decorating By CVB Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 1:38pm by CVB

CVB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CVB Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

Does anyone know, if I ganache my cake on Friday and put it in the fridge until the wedding on Saturday will it still have that same glossy look? I am worried that it my go dull from being in the fridge. Also for those that have done this with success, did you use the straight chocolate and cream recipe or did you add butter, corn syrup etc.

Thanks,
Jennifer

4 replies
Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 4:19am
post #2 of 5

Is there a reason that the cake needs to be refrigerated ? Putting the cake in the fridge will mean that you lose that lovely glossy look.

I use ganache all the time and don't put it in the fridge. My recipe is 300 ml of cream and 450 grams of chocolate and sometimes I add 50 grams of butter for extra gloss.

KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 4:40am
post #3 of 5

what kind of chocolate are you using?

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 5:02am
post #4 of 5

I just got through making ganache for a cake on Sunday. It doesn't lose it's gloss even if it gets in the fridge. I always put my cakes that have it on there in the refrigerator and they hold up great. (see my photos)
My recipe is from Southern Living magazine and I love it it's so simple.
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1- 12 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Nestle toll house)
3 TBL butter

I usually heat my whipping cream, add the choc chips and stir til melted, then whisk in the butter. Cool for 20 minutes and it's ready to pour over your cake. OR whip it in your mixer (wisk attachment) until soft peaks form. Makes an awesome filling...which is what I'm going to use tonight's ganache for. I whipped it and put it in a container and refrigerated it. It will remain whipped like that even after coming to room temp. Makes great truffles too!

CVB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CVB Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 5

I use covature chocolate. The only reason I want to refrigerate is that the filling is perishable and I want to have it done and set well before delivery. Thanks for the information, I thought that refrigeration would dull the look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%