Coconut Cake Recipe!~

Baking By Dejasnow Updated 9 Jun 2011 , 5:39am by FromScratchSF

Dejasnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dejasnow Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 5:01am
post #1 of 2

Ok my mother in laws 75th is coming up and we are throwing her a big party. Her favorite cake is Coconut cake with a good filling and she said she likes the 7 minute frosting . I need a really good recipe! She used to make cakes for a living and is verryyyy picky !!! so i want to make it perfect for her icon_smile.gif Anyone know any good recipes?

1 reply
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 5:39am
post #2 of 2

Coconut is one of those flavors that is really easy to loose when using it in cooking, especially cake. I've tried at least 10 different recipes (including the famous coconut cake recipe from Peninsula Grill). My favorite coconut cake is out of Heavenly Cakes (Rose Levi Bernabaum). Nice rich coconut butter cake, a coconut creme anglaise filling and creme anglaise SMBC, with toasted coconut... it's a little bit of a labor of love because of the unique components but it's the best I've ever had. If you want to impress your MIL, I suggest getting that book (if you don't have it) and make that cake as shown.

I could eat the whole bowl of the coconut creme anglaise with a spoon. It's that good.

Good luck!

Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%