Sports Ball Cake Pan Diasater!

Baking By soccermomof3 Updated 8 Jun 2011 , 5:55pm by BeesKnees578

soccermomof3 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 5

I am trying to bake a cake in the soccer ball cake pan, my cake just fell in the center. I have no idea why. Does anyone have any tips for this pan?

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 5

Are you baking at the proper temp? Is your oven working properly? What recipe did you use? Are you sure you followed directions right? Did you open the oven door to check on the cake's progress? How many times? There are soooooooooo many factors that can cause a cake to fall.
We need more info icon_smile.gif

threeforhim Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 5

I always use a flower nail in the center of mine and I've never had a problem. If you're not familiar with that this is what you do. When you coat or spray the ball pan, get a metal flower nail and coat/spray it, too. Set it in the center of the pan and pour your batter in. Bake as usual. The metal flower nail heats up like a heating core and helps the center bake. HTH!

DeniseNH Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 5

Sounds like you didn't bake it long enough or your oven temperature gauge is ka-flewie.

BeesKnees578 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 5

When I bake in mine, which isn't very often, it always seems to take forever because it's so deep in the middle and I always worry about it getting dried out toward the edges.

There are so many factors tho that could be playing here. I am guessing that it just fell during baking, not while you were checking on it? That happened to me once...everything looked fine and then all of a sudden...disaster. I FORGOT TO PUT IN THE LEAVENING AGENT!! Duh!

If you used a box, this wouldn't matter, but maybe that's it?

Good luck and I hope it works out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%