Help! I Left Out The Vanilla!!!

Baking By ConfectionsCC Updated 9 Jun 2011 , 4:54am by Allie06

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 7

icon_redface.gif OOPS!!! I just realized half way through baking my chocolate cake, I left out the vanilla! Dang! I am totally prepared and have enough time to rebake, I just hate to loose the ingredients! Think its possible to save it with a vanilla flavored simple syrup after baking???? UGH I hate when I have brain farts like this!! LOL! Anyone ever do anything like this? Good thing its just a cake for me, not to sale hhaha!

6 replies
cookiemom51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemom51 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 7

Vanilla gives a nice roundness to the flavor of chocolate cake, but I would not call it essential. Your cake should be fine without it.

Mrs_Cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_Cupcake Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 7

I did that once. It wasn't too noticeable. My family ate it with no problem, in fact so did I icon_wink.gif

ConfectionsCC Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 7

LOL, yea, i tasted just a tiny piece from the top, kinda flat, so I went ahead and made the simple syurp with vanilla in it! just brushed it on, and im going with it! Ill serve it sunday and let yall know how it goes hahaha~

Allie06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allie06 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 7

I did that with Red Velvet!!!! and used a simple syrup to add some vanilla back in!

ConfectionsCC Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie06

I did that with Red Velvet!!!! and used a simple syrup to add some vanilla back in!

How did it taste!!??? I have it brushed and in the freezer now, but I am thinking this might actually not be so bad! Since I am freezing the cake, I now have some extra moisture! Although I think for now on, I am making sure to add it to the batter! icon_redface.gif

Allie06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allie06 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 4:54am
post #7 of 7

Great!!! I used a bourbon vanilla simple syrup and you'd never know I left out an ingredient!!! =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%