Wen Hair Care

Lounge By LisaMarie86 Updated 8 Jul 2011 , 7:07pm by aundrea

LisaMarie86 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 11

Has anyone here tried Wen hair stuff? I am looking at switching shampoos because as a curly girl most of the shampoos out there are very damaging and I also have color treated hair. I would like any real peoples opinion on the product. Hope someone can give me some feedback on it. THANKS!!!!

10 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 11

I tried it. It was just ok. I used it for about three months, but decided it wasn't worth the price. I like Jessicurl. Right now, though, I've been using Giovanni because I can get it at the grocery store and Target. I don't like to use shampoo often, but with the Giovanni, I have to use it because the conditioner has silicone, and the shampoo is needed to get it out.

Moroccan oil is a good conditioner, too, but it is expensive.

If you go to http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/ you can get a ton more info; they have a bulletin board like Cake Central.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 11
LisaMarie86 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentCakeBaker

I tried it. It was just ok. I used it for about three months, but decided it wasn't worth the price. I like Jessicurl. Right now, though, I've been using Giovanni because I can get it at the grocery store and Target. I don't like to use shampoo often, but with the Giovanni, I have to use it because the conditioner has silicone, and the shampoo is needed to get it out.

Moroccan oil is a good conditioner, too, but it is expensive.

If you go to http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/ you can get a ton more info; they have a bulletin board like Cake Central.

Im trying to stay away from anything with silicone in it. Right now I was my hair every 3 to 4 days but we just got a pool and Ive been spending tons of time in it and even though its a salt system its still not very good for my hair so I wanted something that had cleansers but not anything that lathered since those all have silicone and all the stuff that makes my hair gross.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:31pm
post #5 of 11

Then you definitely don't want Wen. It has a lot of silicone.

You can do a daily conditioner wash. That will not strip your hair at all. You have to make sure the condoner does not have silicone in it. Suave coconut conditioner is pretty good. Sometimes i just use that and use a bit as a leave in, with Aloe Vera gel (the clear kind). Sometimes, mainly in cooler weather, I will mix a drop or two of honey into the aloe Vera gel. Not often in the summer, especially if I am going to be outside, because I have a bee phobia and worry they will smell it and chase me. Most people who use honey don't have that problem, but as I said, I have a phobia so I worry.

Jessicurl is great. I just have issues having to mail order things (I forget to order!) None of the salons in my area carry it unfortunately. I especially like their Shea butter conditioner.

LisaMarie86 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 11

So many things to consider. I hate paying shipping and would forget to order it as well. Im using stuff right now from my salon for color treated hair and its fine but i dont like using it all the time. I saw Target is carrying a new line of curly stuff so I might try it soon. Thanks for your help. I used to go to naturallycurly.com but forgot about it I am already signed up as a member and will be spending lots and lots of time there I think. Thanks!!!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 11

Yeah, I forget about Naturally Curly, too. I read it for a while, then get bored (not like here on Cake Central!) I saw the now have an iPad app (and one for android too) so I might get that.

I forgot that I recently tried a new shampoo called Shea Moisture. It is really nice. I might try the conditioner and the leave-in stuff. I'm going to Target today, so I'll probably pick some up. I don't know if it has silicone though.

Here is a topic on NC about it.
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/125850-shea-moisture.html

shooterstrigger Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 4:20am
post #8 of 11

There is a product at sally's called hair one. It is simmilar to wen. I love it. You will see a differance after one use!

kc03 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 12:46am
post #9 of 11

There is a product called Deva Curl. It is a line of hair care products designed for naturally curly hair. The lady that made the line has a book called Curly Girl that is an awesome book. I recommend it to my curly haired clients.

1cakeup Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:04pm
post #10 of 11

I tried Wen, it's okay for curly hair ( works great for my little girl's curly hair ) , but I have straight hair which is impossible to style after using Wen products.

aundrea Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 7:07pm
post #11 of 11

i purchased 'hair one' from sallys. its comparable to wen. i got the one for color treated hair. it says sulfate free.
its a hair cleanser and conditioner in one.
i really like it. it smells amazing too.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%