Wilton Tall Cakes Class Cake Question

Decorating By EMask Updated 8 Jun 2011 , 2:17pm by TexasSugar

EMask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EMask Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 1:38am
post #1 of 6

Hello! I am taking the Wilton Tall Cake class soon and was wondering if I could cover the two cakes needed with fondant...The supply list says to bring iced cakes, but I'd really like to cover mine in fondant. Anybody have any thoughts?

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 1:54am
post #2 of 6

I am a wmi. Yes, you can cover it with fondant. I think that is great that you want to use fondant. Most come in there with b/c covered. I get very disappointed when i see that. lol!!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 1:55am
post #3 of 6

I think its up to your instructor, I know a woman out here who took the classes and she was stubborn and didnt want to even try fondant, and she asked her instructor is she could do it in bc, and the lady was told to do it anyway she wanted to as along as she applied it and got the same designs she required.

EMask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EMask Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 2:10am
post #4 of 6

Thanks!! I've sent a text message to the instructor, but haven't heard from her yet, so I thought I'd try here and voila! Wonderful answers! And answers that I was hoping for! icon_smile.gif Again, thanks!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 2:22am
post #5 of 6

What does the tall cakes class cover?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 6

The Tall Cakes Class covers how to put together a stacked/pillar caked. It is either a one day three hour class or some stores offer it in two days.

For the one day class, the students bring in their cakes, iced with the decorations they want to use, and will put it together in the class.

For my students, I give them the option. If they want to put fondant on it, I am all for it, if they want buttercream that is fine with me. When we had the tiered cake in the Course 3, I gave them the option. Some wanted to do fondant, others wanted to save that expense and put it towards other courses they were taking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%