Chocolate Transfer Sheet Question...please.

Decorating By Jopalis Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 9:39pm by TexasSugar

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 3

In the times I have used chocolate transfer sheets, I have always had some puckering when I have applied it to the cake. I cut the strip to fit and when I apply it, it doesn't seem to just lay flat when I wrap it around. Shirley W once told me to do a chocolate/melt collar first and then lay the transfer sheet on that. Sort of like a double collar. Would it adhere right? Sometimes it seems like a mathematical thing wanting the strip to wrap around like that and having the transfer strip not lay right. Do you know what I mean? Like my sheets pucker at some points and not lay taught. Suggestions?

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 3

I'm confused.

Chocolate transfer sheets are meant to be put down (cocoa butter printed surface up) on a flat surface and then have warm chocolate spread on them. For some applications, when the chocolate sets up, the transfer sheet is peeled off, leaving behind the cocoa butter print.

To get the design on the cake, you apply a still pliable (but not wet/runny) band of the chocolate to the cake and peel off the plastic, leaving behind the now "printed" band of chocolate.

What, exactly, are you doing with these sheets?

Rae

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 3

I'm wondering if your cake sizes aren't perfectly 'flat' or straight all around the cake, and that is causing issues with the application of the wrap?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%