Making Letters For Cakes...

Decorating By judds05 Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 4:03pm by carmijok

judds05 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 3

I'm a beginner in cake decorating. I made my twins 1st birthday cake and now I'm addicted. I have a problem that I thought all of you veterans out there might be able to help me with.... how do you make letters? I've noticed in the hundreds and hundreds of pics I've looked at, there are all kinds of neat letters. I found a set of cutters at hobby lobby, but they only make very small letters......any suggestions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies
SarahBeth3 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 3

I believe the way they get those really cute & pretty letters is with a Cricut cutter. I've only used the same ones you got from Hobby Lobby.

carmijok Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 3

There's lots of different letter cutters out there. You may be thinking of the Tappits funky letters. I've always just typed in what I wanted in my computer search engine and see what websites pop up and where I can get the best prices. So far I've found a lot of supplies at with free shipping. Global Sugar Art has lots of letter cutters in lots of sizes. If you have a sugar art supply store in your town, check there first.

Quote by @%username% on %date%