Fillings In Cake

Decorating By tullicious Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 2:53pm by mommy2_3boys

tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 4

hi all.... i don't usually do cakes with fillings, but i am doing one for the weekend that's a lemon cake with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting. question is, do i put a layer of frosting in between the layers and then put the filling on top? or do i just use the filling in between the layers? thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 4

It really depends on your preference. I usually don't put frosting down first, but that's just my preference. You definitely need a good stiff damn to hold the fruit filling in, fruit fillings tend to be slippery. Also, don't put too thick of a layer of the raspberry filling, or your cake could slide around. If you torte your cake, you can alternate the filling layers with fruit-frosting-fruit (does that make sense), if you want to have frosting in there as well...

StacyN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StacyN Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 4

I have found its best to put a dam of frosting between the filling and the edge of the cake. The dam is for holding back fillings between the layers. If you look up frosting dam on CC or even just google it you will find many discussion about how to/why do it. HTH

mommy2_3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2_3boys Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4

You need to make a dam for your filling so it doesn't ooze out. Make a wall around the outside of your first layer then put the filling inside. Hope this makes sense.

Christine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%