Sting Of Pearls

Decorating By Bevwilliams Updated 7 Jun 2011 , 10:28pm by cakeyouverymuch

Bevwilliams Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 10:19am
post #1 of 5

I want to make a string of pearls to drape down from a 'hatbox'. I have never done these before do any of you have any good tips or easry to do methods? I am wondering whether I just stick each 'pearl' or would you actually string them and if so what would I ned to use/
Any help would be appreciated.

4 replies
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 10:31am
post #2 of 5

hi Bevwilliams, personally I would string them with some cotton, I had to improvise when I made some as the pearl mould that I bought was not quite as big as I needed, you can easily make the pearls by mixing 50/50 fondant/flowerpaste together, then make a long sausage shape and cut the size pearls that you require, make a hole through each with a cocktail stick, then leave them to dry out and harden off, roll them in some lustre dust and then string them. HTH Good Luck thumbs_up.gif

heartsnsync Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 5

I was watching a cake show some time back where they made a string of pearls. What they did was use the fondant/gum paste 50/50 mix. They created the individual pearls by cutting small circles and then rolling them up and then letting them dry for a while until they begin to harden. They they then strung them using dental floss and a needle. After stringing them they then dusted them with pearl dust and let them finish hardening. HTH

Bevwilliams Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for your help I like the idea of dental floss.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsnsync

I was watching a cake show some time back where they made a string of pearls. What they did was use the fondant/gum paste 50/50 mix. They created the individual pearls by cutting small circles and then rolling them up and then letting them dry for a while until they begin to harden. They they then strung them using dental floss and a needle. After stringing them they then dusted them with pearl dust and let them finish hardening. HTH

That's exactly how I did the "pearls" here:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1923349

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%