Cake Decorating (Supply)Stores In Edmonton, Canada

Decorating By Cupcations Updated 29 Mar 2014 , 9:45pm by Gingerlocks

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 4:30am
post #1 of 7

I know that there are quit a few cake decorators from Alberta here on CC, so I hope you guys can help me...

All I know of in Edmonton is Micheals. I recently found a new supply store called Nicholson which is great though I wish i knew about it before.... I would of saved hundreds of dollars on shipping .

The problem is that I live in a small town with hardly any cake dorcorating supplies icon_sad.gif ... I do travel to Edmonton every second month. So does anyone know any supply stores other than the ones I mentioned??? Anyone who at least sells Americolor food colouring.

TIA

6 replies
Cupcations Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 7

Anyone....???

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 7

I don't know if Cakemischeif has a store front, but they're small enough that they don't charge GST and their delivery charges weren't outrageous the last time I ordered from them (being in Quebec, I can't just pop in on them anyway). Of course with Canada Post on strike that may be an issue, but I'd call to see if you could do a pickup. They do have a phone number to contact them at and they're very good about callbacks.

http://www.cakemischief.com/aboutus.asp

You could also check out PM hobbycraft in Calgary. I've never ordered from them on line, but their storefront is pretty well stocked. I've shopped there a few time when my DD lived in Airdrie. I've also called and had them put an order together for me and had my husband do a pick up when he passes through Calgary (he's a truck driver and takes his delivery fees in cake when he's home lol). I don't know if they carry Americolor in stock, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask. They've always been very helpful when I've called.

http://www.pmhobbycraft.ca/store/

Cupcations Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 5:47am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch

I don't know if Cakemischeif has a store front, but they're small enough that they don't charge GST and their delivery charges weren't outrageous the last time I ordered from them (being in Quebec, I can't just pop in on them anyway). Of course with Canada Post on strike that may be an issue, but I'd call to see if you could do a pickup. They do have a phone number to contact them at and they're very good about callbacks.

http://www.cakemischief.com/aboutus.asp

You could also check out PM hobbycraft in Calgary. I've never ordered from them on line, but their storefront is pretty well stocked. I've shopped there a few time when my DD lived in Airdrie. I've also called and had them put an order together for me and had my husband do a pick up when he passes through Calgary (he's a truck driver and takes his delivery fees in cake when he's home lol). I don't know if they carry Americolor in stock, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask. They've always been very helpful when I've called.

http://www.pmhobbycraft.ca/store/

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

rharker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharker Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 2:20am
post #5 of 7

I always go to J. Wilton Distributors. They have lots of cake/cupcake/candy decorating supplies as well as pre-made gumpaste flowers and all sorts of stuff for making large scale wedding cakes. They also do online shopping if you can't get into town.

4746 76 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6B 0A5
(780) 466-3174  

sweet supply Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet supply Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 6:40am
post #6 of 7

AThere is also a new online store in western canada www.sweet-supply.com check it out!! :-D

Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 7

There are a few places in Edmonton (area) that are ok..but I often find online is still the best many times.

J.Wilton is WAY over priced..like a pack of candy melts is about $9! Like the exact same pack they sell at Micheals for $3.50 ish. But that being said if you have a hour to rumage through their immense stock you will find a few little gems.

There is also Michaels Party Emporium in Spruce Grove..they sell Americolor and have a nice little selection; but to be honest their customer service is really hit or miss. If you deal with the owners Mother you'll be treated like gold; if you deal with the owner (daugter) eesh, watch out..she's not very friendly at all, and can be down right rude. So I try not to go there too often.

Typically I stick to Bulk Barn and Micheals (always with a coupon though) and the rest I go online to Global Sugar Supply or a few of the other ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%